Job Choices 2013
- Reality Check - Texas Reality Check
- Salary Wizard Tool
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The BLS is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor.
- Closing the Interview
Regardless of your style or how you choose to close the interview this website will give you some key points to keep in mind.
- America's Career InfoNet
America's Career InfoNet is a resource for making informed career
decisions to support a demand-driven workforce investment system.
- Economic Research Institute (ERI)
ERI provides over 10,000 organizations with compensation information, including: salary survey analyses, geographic salary survey differentials, wage survey data, executive compensation survey information, cost-of-living survey comparisons, prevailing wage studies, and compensation and benefits training.
- Wall Street Journal
A look at the issues as the global economy changes companies' views about diversity.
Salaries, Ratings, and Reviews posted anonymously by employees. See what we have for your company or job title...
- America's Job Bank
- Allied Health Careers
- Health Care and Medical Jobs
- Teachers-Teachers.com - A Premier
Teacher Placement Service
- Texas Workforce
- Careers in Government
- Federal Jobs
- The Riley Guide-Employment Guide & Job Resources on the Internet
- Houston Area Employment
- Houston Jobs
- Austin Area Employment
- Austin Jobs
- Dallas Area Employment
- Dallas Jobs
- San Antonio Jobs
- Fort Worth Jobs
- United States Department of State
- Nation Job
- Texas Job Source
- Job Hunt
- Hospitality Careers Online
- Hospitality Jobs Online
- Jammin Jobs
Employment Trends and Career Information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET OnLine (Occupational Information Network)
- Salary Survey
- Job Star Central
- Career Journal
- Economy at a Glance
- 2010 - 2020 Job Outlook in Brief
- Career Magazine
- Career Builder
- Career Command Post: A great resource for those making the transition from military to civilian life.
- Careers in National Defense: Department of Defense (DoD) opportunities for veterans, transition assistance program, rights and privileges.
- G.I. Jobs: Search jobs, education opportunities, transition checklist, job fair calendar, civilian career guide for military job-seekers.
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Internet home page for the VA
- Military.com: The largest military veteran job board in the world
- MilitaryHire.com: Hiring network where formal military personnel can seek careers and utilize their professional skills.
- Military to Civilian Occupation Translator: The Military to Civilian Occupation Translator helps service members match military skills and experience to civilian occupations
- Texas Veterans Commission: The Texas Veterans Commission provides services through agency programs of claims assistance, employment services and education that will significantly improve the quality of life of Texas veterans and their families.
- The Riley Guide: Comprehensive web site for job search tips and resources for vets.
- Transition Assistance Online: Resources, links and job postings geared toward veterans of the US Armed Forces.
- Troops to Teachers: U.S. Department of Education and Department of Defense program that helps eligible military personnel begin a new career as teachers in public schools where their skills, knowledge and experience are most needed.
- Vet Center: Readjustment Counseling Services
- Vet Central: JobCentral National Labor Exchange is provided by leading U.S. employers in alliance with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) as a public service. Resources include employment, career tools, self-help resources, and more.
- VetJobs: Leading Internet niche job board for reaching military veterans currently in the work force, active duty military personnel who transition each year into the work force, members of the National Guard who return to the US each year from extended deployment, and their family members.
- Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS): U.S. Department of Labor web site. Provides resources and expertise to assist veterans obtain meaningful careers, maximize their employment opportunities and protect their employment rights
- Veteran's Information Guide: From the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, this site has resources for Civil Service Employment and Veterans.
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program: Services offered through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Black Collegian Online
A career site that provides information on career resources for Black collegians. Job search strategies, graduate school opportunities, career and industry reports are abundantly explored.
An internet directory for varying information, including a career center.
- National Black MBA Association
A web site dedicated to economic and intellectual wealth. Includes information on employment networks.
- National Society of Black Engineers
An organizational web site with job and scholarship postings.
- National Association of Asian American Professionals
An organization web site which includes a person of contact for help finding a job.
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities - COSD: COSD’s mission is to assist college students or a recent graduates with a disability, to have the tools and the knowledge to a have a career of their choice.
- Disability Resources Monthly
A "wonderfully well-organized site ... for cutting through the morass of disability-related material on the Web" -- Encyclopedia Britannica Internet Guide.
- DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology)
A resource and support program focusing on “Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology.”
- Employment and Rehabilitation Programs
A site whose mission is to promote the employment of Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities by designing policies that make work pay, promoting research and program innovation, educating the public about programs and services that facilitate entry into the workforce, and partnering with other public and private groups to remove employment barriers for people with disabilities.
- Entry Point - Entry Point is the signature program of the AAAS Project on Science, Technology, and Disability
- Equal Opportunity Publications
Since 1968, Equal Opportunity Publications, Inc. (EOP) has led the way in diversity recruitment with a portfolio of seven national career magazines, a diversity website, online job board, and Career Expos for women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.
- Gettinghired.com - Careers & Community for Talented People with Disabilities
- The International Dyslexia Association
A web site that addresses the concerns of dyslexic college students and provides resources.
- Job Accommodation Network
This website is full of contact information, current events, documents, and feedback.
- Lime Connect -“Lime offers excellent resources for students with disabilities. They provide scholarships and fellowships and the Lime Network offers professional development webinars and notification of internship and full time career opportunities. Their partners include Google, Bank of America, Target, Goldman Sachs, PepsiCo, and more.”
- The National Business & Disability Council
A site for employers to search for prospective employees with disabilities. You can post your resume through the site or search the nationwide database for jobs.
- Insight into Diversity
A website directed to females, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons, as well as to all employment candidates.
- Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology
A site with descriptions of articles and news from the publication, as well as career opportunities.
- Diversity Employers
Jobs with Employers committed to Diversity.
- Equal Opportunity Publications
A site dedicated to information concerning the publications, as well as a resume database for help in locating a job.
A search engine for jobs and opportunities.
- NACME (the National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering)
A site dedicated to providing leadership and support to increase the representation of successful African American, American Indian and Latino women and men in engineering and technology, math and science-based careers.
- Human Resources Directory
An organization that works towards equal rights for gay, lesbian and transgender people.
- Queer Resources Directory
A gay and lesbian information directory.
- Out & Equal
A national nonprofit organization that advocates safe and equitable workplaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Gay Workplace Issues
A list of books recommended to help with sexual orientations.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP)
An organizational site that advocates various sexual orientations into the scientific and technical fields.
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force
A national organization that advocates safe and equitable workplaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Pride at Work
An Organization who's purpose is to mobilize mutual support between the organized Labor Movement and the LGBT Community.
- Hispanic Business
A magazine site with help concerning careers.
- Latpro Professional Network
A job board for Hispanic and bilingual professionals.
- Saludos (Hispanic Careers & Education)
A site that contains a job search engine as well as career advice.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
A site that offers matching of your resume with engineering companies.
- Latinos in Science and Engineering
To promote excellence in engineering, science, and mathematics while cultivating the value of cultural diversity.
A site dedicated to providing internet information to the indigenous people in the world.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society
An organizational site that holds a resume database and job listings.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
An organization site that offers career guidance and professional development opportunities.
- The Association for Women in Computing (AWC)
An organizational site that is dedicated to the advancement of women in technology fields.
- Women in Technology International (WITI)
An organizational site dedicated to providing women in technology inspiration, education, conferences, on-line services, publications and a worldwide network of resources.
Provides an online job search for women and still covers important topics such as: the different types of cover letters, building a strong job search chain, and tips to making a successful career change.
- SHSU Agricultural Sciences & Engineering Technology - Internships
- DC Internships
- Magazine Publishers of America
- Internships - USA - Call our Career Library staff at 294-3732 for the SHSU subscription password and username, then click on "The Internship Series On-Line".
- Academy of Television Arts and Science
- American Institute for Foreign Study
- American Institute of Physics
- American Statistical Association
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- Back Door Jobs -- Exciting Career Adventures
- Environmental Jobs and Careers
- Boston Globe
- Cultural Vistas
- Center for Museum Studies - Museum Internship Partnership Program
- College Grad Job Hunter Internships
- Council on International Educational Exchange
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Institute for Experiential Learning
- Institute of International Education
Developed for MBA students by MBA students, is your #1 source for MBA internships and for information and tips related to resumes, cover letters and internship interviews and more.
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service
- Live, Learn, and Intern in Washington, DC
- Mystic Seaport
- National Archives & Records Administration
- National Research Council - Canada
- Resort Intern Connections
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowship
- Student and Intern Housing in New York City
- Student Conservation Association
- Study Abroad
- TV Jobs
- United Nations Internships
- Walt Disney World College Internship Program
- Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars
- Washington Internship Foundation
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership