SHSU Tuition & Fees Installment Payment Plan Contract Provisions:
1. I, [STUDENT NAME] (“Student”), hereby agree to pay Sam Houston State University (“SHSU”) the balance deferred as stated in this agreement in five (5) installment payments on or before the due date specified for each installment.
2. Student understands that INSTALLMENT AMOUNTS MAY CHANGE over time to account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments. Student shall adjust payment accordingly during the term of this agreement. SHSU may charge a late fee as established in paragraph 5 of this agreement.
3. SHSU shall assess a thirty dollar ($30.00) nonrefundable setup fee at enrollment in the installment plan. If the installment plan is paid before the final due date, Student is not entitled to a refund of the setup fee.
4. If applicable, the Student's account will be reduced by any financial aid, tuition waivers, grants, or deferments awarded. The Student may then elect to pay this net amount on the installment plan.
5. SHSU will charge a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) late fee for each installment payment that is late. Each payment is due on the date outlined in paragraph 12. Except for the first minimum enrollment installment payment, SHSU will provide Student a nine (9) day grace period for payments to be received before the Student is charged a late fee. Failure to make an installment payment does not automatically constitute a withdrawal from the University.
6. Student understands that failure to meet the terms of this agreement may result in grades, diplomas, and transcripts not being released until all installments and other charges have been paid in full.
7. Student will not be able to enroll in another installment plan until the prior installment plan is paid in full.
8. STATUTORY WARNING: A STUDENT WHO FAILS TO MAKE FULL PAYMENT OF TUITION AND MANDATORY FEES, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL FEES, BY THE DUE DATE MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM REGISTERING FOR CLASSES UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS MADE. A STUDENT WHO FAILS TO MAKE PAYMENT PRIOR TO THE END OF THE SEMESTER MAY BE DENIED CREDIT FOR WORK DONE THAT SEMESTER OR TERM.
9. If amounts become past due, the University may employ an outside collection agency to recover the debt. This will also initiate internal collections efforts. If any collection efforts must be made, the student will be required to pay all collections costs, including collection agency fees, legal fees, and other costs incurred in collecting the amounts due.
10. SHSU may drop the Student’s schedule if the second installment payment is not received by the 12th day of class day of the semester. The Student will also be subject to statutory refund requirements as established in the Texas Education Code.
11. PAYMENT IN FULL IS DUE IN THE BURSAR’S OFFICE BY 5:00 PM, OR 10:00 PM IF PAID ONLINE, ON THE APPROPRIATE DUE DATE.
12. Fall 2012 Semester Installment Due Dates:
a. 1st payment for enrollment, 10% minimum, due before first class day,(due by August 28, 2012), or at enrollment, if enrollment date is on or after August 28, 2012.
b. 2nd payment of 22% due, September 14, 2012, or at enrollment, if enrollment date is on or after September 14, 2012.
c. 3rd payment of 22% due, October 1, 2012
d. 4th payment of 22% due, November 1, 2012
e. 5th payment of 24% due, December 1, 2012
13. FOR EACH RETURNED PAYMENT, A TWENTY-FIVE DOLLAR ($25.00) FEE WILL
BE ADDED TO THE STUDENT’S ACCOUNT.
14. Students who withdraw from all their classes after a payment has been made on their account for that semester's tuition and fees will be required to officially resign through the Registrar's Office and may be liable for full tuition and fees depending upon the official date of resignation.
15. ANY FALSE INFORMATION ENTERED HEREON CONSTITUTES AS FRAUD AND SUBJECTS THE PARTY ENTERING SAME TO FELONY PROSECUTION UNDER BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
16. To revoke this authorization agreement, the Student shall notify the Bursar’s Office by written notice, including email. Revocation of this agreement does not entitle the Student to a refund of the thirty dollar ($30.00) setup fee.
17. Student shall monitor their account to make sure payments are made timely and the account is paid-in-full by the end of the semester. The University may send communications about the status of the Student’s installment plan as a courtesy service, but the University is not required under this contract to provide any communications about the timing of payments or status of the installment plan.
18. The University has the right to determine when provisions of this contract are violated and to determine the appropriate course of action. If any section or subsection of this
contract is ruled to be illegal or invalid, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of the contract.
19. The validity of this contract and all matters pertaining thereto, including but not limited to, matters of performance, non-performance, breach, remedies, procedures, rights, duties, and interpretation or construction shall be governed and determined by the Constitution and the laws of the State of Texas. Any lawsuit to enforce this contract must be brought in Walker County, Texas.
20. This agreement is dated [ONLINE ACCEPTANCE DATE].
21. For fraud detection purposes, the Student’s internet address has been logged.
a. [STUDENT IP ADDRESS WITH DATE AND TIME]
22. SHSU recommends that Student print and retain a copy of this agreement for their records.