Sam Houston State University is committed to the continuous improvement of it's programs and services. To this end, the Office of Academic Planning and Assessment is dedicated to supporting accreditation, assessment, undergraduate program review, and strategic planning efforts across the institution.
Working with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students, the office seeks to provide the necessary resources and support to foster an institutional culture of continuous improvement and shared best-practices. On our website you will find information and resources to assist you with these efforts. If you should have any questions, or need any assistance, please contact a member for our dedicated staff.
News & Updates
- The Office of Academic Planning and Assessment has established a new Assessment Mini-Grant. If you are interested in applying, please visit our Assessment Mini-Grant page for more information.
- Are you an Online Assessment Tracking Database (OATDB) user? Then you might want to check out the updated OATDB User's Guide that can be found on our Assessment Resources page.
- Do you have questions about the assessment of online and distance education programs? Check out these Best Practices.
- Do you have assessment related questions? The Office of Academic Planning and Assessment has recently completed an Assessment FAQ.
- The Office of Academic Planning and Assessment recently made several presentations at the 15th Annual Texas A&M Assessment Conference. Copies of these presentations can be found under Assessment Resources.
- The 2014-2015 assessment cycle is open. At this time all programs should migrate their assessment plans and make any necessary edits or corrections. If you should have any questions please contact the Director of Assessment, Jeff Roberts, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-1859.