Mentoring & Outreach Programs
The mentoring staff at the SAM Center provides programming to enhance students' academic experience at SHSU. Through our individual mentoring and group programs, students gain additional skills to help strengthen their academic performance.
Mentors are available daily during office hours and students are welcome to walk in. Flexibility is important and we make it a priority to communicate with students via e-mail, phone and SKYPE, and we post updates on Facebook and Twitter.
Whatever your needs are, stop in to see a mentor today - you'll be glad you did!
News & Updates!
- Quick Reference Card for Transfer Students
- Come by after your first round of tests if you're not happy with your performance - we can help!
Frequent Questions a Mentor can Help You Answer
- How can I study more efficiently to improve my academic performance?
- If I didn't do so well on my first round of exams, what should I do?
- Should I drop or resign?
- How do I get off of probation/avoid suspension?
- How do I calculate my GPA?
The Woodlands Center Support Programs
- Study Skills (See Study Skills Section for dates and times)
- Dissertation Support Group: Will meet the first Saturday of the month from 10:00-11:30am
- Brown Bag Seminars: Tuesday, September 16th, October 14th, and November 18th from 12:00-1:00pm.
- Presenting at a Research Symposium: Saturday, October 4th from 1:30-3:00pm.