Once you have been accepted for admission:
Contact your graduate program academic advisor for further instructions about joining your program. See a listing of advisors and contact information.
Activate your computer account. This will give you access to:
- Blackboard (to attend online classes, check your class assignments, grades, etc.)
- My Sam (to register for classes, view class schedule, view account balance, check financial aid status, etc.)
- Campus email
- Computers on campus (PC or Mac)
Visit the Registrar's website for information on registration for your courses.
- Request a parking permit
- Opt to pay tuition and fees on an installment plan
Pay your tuition and fees by the deadline stated on your fee statement. To pay in person, visit the Estill Building – Suite 103.
- Log into My Sam
- Click on the “My Account” tab
- Click on “Make Payment through the Student Account Center”
Request your Bearkat OneCard, the official ID of SHSU, in person (Main campus - Estill Building, Suite 230 or The Woodlands Center- One Stop Shop) or online. You must present a valid government or state issued photo ID in order to request your Bearkat OneCard.
If you graduated from your bachelor's degree program after you were accepted into a graduate program at SHSU, you must send an official FINAL college transcript showing your bachelor's degree conferral to Graduate Admissions.
New students under the age of 22 are required to submit proof of meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first class day or 10 days prior to move-in date if living on campus. Documentation should be sent to the SHSU Health Center. For more information visit Meningitis Vaccination Requirement.