- Completed Graduate Studies Application through Apply Texas
- Application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Official GRE scores
- Letter of Intent*
- Two recommendation letters
Students will be admitted for the Fall and Spring semesters (no summer admissions). The application deadline for Spring enrollment is December 1st; the application deadline for Fall enrollment is August 1st.
Admission to the MA Program in Sociology is competitive and the number of available positions is limited. Because of this, we are accepting only degree seeking students.
Questions regarding the application requirements should be directed to the Director of Graduate Studies.
* The Letter of Intent is your opportunity to discuss your fit with the program offered at Sam Houston State University. While you have a significant amount of freedom to discuss anything you would like in your letter of intent, you may want to address your short-term and long-term academic/professional goals, why you would like to attend our program, and why your interests fit with our program. The letter should not exceed 750 words.
Send all documents to the Office of Graduate Studies:
Sam Houston State University
Office of Graduate Studies
Huntsville, TX 77341-2478
Graduate Online Support