Students will receive broad, general training in clinical psychology. Graduates will:
- Have a broad knowledge of scientific psychology.
- Have the skills to perform meaningful psychological research.
- Demonstrate expertise in evaluation, assessment, and report writing.
- Provide psychotherapy to an array of diverse clients.
- Instruct, supervise, and consult with students and fellow professionals.
- Promote respect for ethnic diversity.
- Understand and adhere to ethical standards of practice.
- Acquire licenses as psychologists through various state licensing boards.
- Be legally informed clinicians, such that those desiring specialized expertise in forensic clinical psychology have the basic skills necessary to pursue such expertise through postdoctoral training and experience.