Dr. Sam Barnes Kaplan Review Scholarship
The Dr. Sam Barnes Kaplan Review Scholarship provides the tuition and books for students taking the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Dental Admission Test (DAT).
- Enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
- Undergraduate classified as a junior, senior, or post-baccalaureate student
- Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.40
- 3.40 GPA in their Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math (BCPM) courses
- Completed at least 30 hours at SHSU
- Students with grades below a C on their transcripts are ineligible regardless of taking the class a second time.
Ten scholarships will be awarded in Fall 2018 on a competitive basis. The timing is designed to coincide with taking the MCAT/DAT in early Spring 2018 and applying to professional school no later than Summer 2019.
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2018
For more information contact René Harris at 936.294.4448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.