RN-BSN ONLINE TRACK SHSU School of Nursing faculty encourage associate degree or diploma nurses to obtain the baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN).
- Are you looking for a way to advance your nursing career?
- Do you want a RN to BSN program that is flexible and allows you to work while returning to school?
- Do you want the convenience of online classes combined with the interaction of traditional face-to-face classes?
- Would you like to obtain your bachelor’s degree where you live and work?
Then the newly developed SHSU RN to BSN program is for you.
The RN to BSN program courses are hybrid classes with 80% online to accommodate a working nurse’s schedule. Attendance on campus is required 3 days per semester on Wednesday. Full and part-time options
are available to provide flexibility for the working registered nurse. Faculty are available at SHSU The
Woodlands Center for questions and advising.
The RN-BSN Online Track is designed for the student who has passed the NCLEX-RN, holds a current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse and wishes to obtain the baccalaureate degree. Earning a baccalaureate degree will open more doors in an RNs nursing career, allowing for positions of leadership and possibly further academic degrees.
Admission to SHSU’s RN-BSN program at The Woodland Campus requires:
- Unencumbered Texas RN License
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0) overall GPA and Prerequisite GPA
- Compliance with clinical readiness requirements (Immunizations , CPR, liability and health insurance, physical exam, background check and drug screen)
- Completion of all prerequisite course work prior to the end of application period
For more information on the pre-requisite and core, contact: