Conferences and Events
Joan Prouty Conference on Early Literacy: Now Taking Registrations!
The Joan Prouty Annual Conference on Early Literacy will be held at the Lowman Student Center on September 19, 2015. Contact Dr. Alma Contreras-Vanegas for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2015 Literacy Methods & Special Education Block willre-open from Aug. 3, 2015, at 8:00 a.m. to Aug. 4, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Literacy Methods and Special Education Block Application Instructions
- Log onto TK20.
- Clock in the "Application" tab.
- On the left, under Applications, click "Create".
- From the drop down list, choose the appropriate application indicated as follows:
- 2a) Application: EC-6 UNDERGRADUATE Literacy Methods Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Fall 2015
- 2b-1) Application: 4-8 Math or 4-8 Math/Science UNDERGRADUATE Literacy Methods Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Fall 2015
- 2b-2) Application: 4-8 English/Social Studies UNDERGRADUATE Literacy Methods Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Fall 2015
2c) Application: EC-6 Gen + EC-12 Special Education UNDERGRADUATE Special Education Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct Fall 2015
Now Accepting Submissions for Fall 2015
READ: An Online Journal for Literacy Educators is a peer-reviewed publication of the Department of Language, Literacy, and Special Populations (LLSP) at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. The READ journal constitutes a forum for research and issues related to literacy education. Submissions address an audience of teachers, teacher educators, and administrators.
The theme for the fall 2015 publication is: Transforming Lives through Literacy Education. Three types of manuscripts are currently solicited for publication: full length articles, articles for the READ Column, and book and resource reviews. Deadline for submission: July 18th.