Qualifications for Literacy Block (READ 3370, READ 3371, READ 3372)
- Have applied to the Educator Preparation Program.
- Grades of “C” or better are required for all coursework in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must have junior status (at least 64 hours).
- Must have completed SPED 2301 and CIEE 3374.
- Official DegreeWorks degree plan on file.
Before applying to the Literacy Block, we recommend the following:
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor to verify that you are ready for Literacy Block.
- Review the Schedule of Classes online for READ 3370, READ 3371, READ 3372 to determine the section that best fits your schedule.
- Do not take classes the same day as Literacy Block.
- Do not take more than 2 courses with Literacy Block.
- Watch for notices regarding the open dates for application. Application should be submitted in TK-20 the semester prior to taking Literacy Block. If you have met all the above requirements, you should be approved for literacy block and unblocked so you can register. You will receive an e-mail when you are approved.
IDS 4-8 Math and 4-8 Math/Science Students.
Contact the LLSP Department at 936-294-1108 for approval for READ 3373 and READ 3374.