The Ninth Annual URS
April 23, 2016
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
If you would like to be considered for one of the URS awards, submit your complete presentation to the Honors College Office by April 15, 2016.
There are no exceptions or extensions.
Rules and Eligibility
- Students must submit their presentation by the deadline - no exceptions or extensions
- Students must be enrolled at SHSU the summer and fall semesters following the URS in order to be eligible for scholarships
- Students are required to give the submitted presentation at the URS
- Send your presentation as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that your presentation has been received.
- Poster and oral-media presentations that are primarily visual must include a written component when submitted so that the faculty committee has a clear sense of the presentation as a whole.
- Accessibility of content to students in other disciplines
- Level of originality of research
- Clarity of controlling idea and effectiveness of organization
- Clarity and effectiveness of language and expression
- Visuals (if applicable) that enhance but do not dominate the presentation
All awards are judged by the Award Committee. The Award Committee is made up of the Honors College Dean, Honors College Director, and URS faculty committee members.