Submission for Award
Rules and Eligibility: In addition to the above requirements, to be considered for any one of the three awards, applicants
- must be enrolled at SHSU through the following fall semester
- must give the submitted presentation at the URS
- must submit the presentation by the deadline. No exceptions
Deadline to submit presentations for awards consideration: Monday, April 14, 2014
Send your presentation as an attachment to email@example.com. Be sure to attach your file! You will receive a confirmation of receipt e-mail.
Criteria upon which presentations will be judged:
- Accessibility of content to students in other disciplines
- Level of originality of research
- Clarity of controlling idea and effectiveness of organization
- Clarity and effectiveness of language and expression
- Visuals (if applicable) that enhance but do not dominate the presentation
All awards are judged by a committee made up of the Honors College Dean, Honors College Director, and URS faculty.
Note: poster and oral-media presentations that are primarily visual should include a written component when submitted so that the faculty committee has a clear sense of the presentation as a whole.
The URS is supported by the faculty and staff of the Elliott T. Bowers Honors College.
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2479