The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College understands the importance of financial aid and scholarships during a student's academic career. Our college offers numerous scholarships and funding opportunities for Honors students in good standing each semester.
Elliott T. Bowers Scholarship
All Honors students admitted to the Honors College receive this award. It is renewable each semester if the student remains in good standing and earns a 3.25 GPA.
The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College is eager to provide support for our students during recruiting, enrollment at SHSU, and beyond. As such, we invite you to learn about these scholarship opportunities early in your academic career:
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowships
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarships
- British Marshall Scholarships
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- Henry Luce Foundation Scholarships
- J. William Fulbright Grants
- James Madison Memorial Fellowships
- Morris K. Udall Scholarships
- National Security Education Program
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Other National Scholarships
Important Scholarship Deadlines
- Complete the ApplyTexas Application online.
- Complete the Honors College application.
- Contact your prospective academic department to learn about its scholarship opportunities and application procedures.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to assist in the consideration process. (Most institutional scholarships are merit-based, but some also consider socioeconomic disadvantages or financial need, as assessed by the FAFSA.)
- Complete the SHSU Scholarships4Kats online.
To be considered for the full range of scholarships offered through the SHSU Office of Student Aid Financial Services, students MUST complete the FAFSA. The FAFSA is available beginning January 1, and the priority deadline for all students is February 1.
Related Scholarships & Financial Aid Links