The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College is eager to provide support for out students during recruiting, enrollment at SHSU, and beyond. As such, we invite you to learn about these opportunities early in your academic career:
- Andrew W. Mellon Fellowships
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarships
- British Marshall Scholarships
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- Henry Luce Foundation Scholarships
- J. William Fulbright Grants
- James Madison Memorial Fellowships
- Morris K. Udall Scholarships
- National Security Education Program
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Other National Scholarships
Click HERE for a list of Freshman Scholarships.
- Complete the ApplyTexas Application online.
- Complete the Honors College application.
- Contact your prospective academic department to learn about its scholarship opportunities and application procedures.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to assist in the consideration process. (Most institutional scholarships are merit-based, but some also consider socioeconomic disadvantages or financial need, as assessed by the FAFSA.)
- Complete the SHSU ScholarX online.
To be considered for the full range of scholarships offered through the SHSU Office of Student Aid Financial Services, students MUST complete the FAFSA. The FAFSA is available beginning January 1, and the priority deadline for all students is March 15.
Elliott T. Bowers Scholarship
All Honors students admitted to the Honors College receive this award. It is renewable if the students remain in good standing and earn a 3.25 GPA.
Apply to Scholar X
All students should complete the Scholar X process in order to apply for any academic scholarships.
Freshman Honors students applying for general university-wide scholarships are advised to complete the Scholar X application process during the fall semester of the student's senior year in high school to receive early consideration for awards.
All students should complete the FAFSA application in order to qualify for grants and student loans.
For school information click HERE