Spring 2017 advanced registration for eligible Honors students opens November 4, 2016. See the Office of the Registrar's website for the full registration schedule.
Current Honors Student Advising
Although personalized academic advising sessions are available to students throughout the academic year, the Honors College recommends attending a group advising session every semester to aid students in monitoring their academic progress and appropriately planning their semesters. Also, students may schedule individual appointments with an Honors advisor during designated advising times. It is important that students attend a group advising session or meet with an Honors advisor to keep track of their honors requirements.
For more information on advising sessions and how to schedule appointments with an Honors advisor, click here.
As a member of the Honors College, students receive the special benefit of advanced registration. This privilege of registering early before other students is contingent upon:
- Completing the Honors College Advising Form
- Attending an advising session or appointment during designated advising times
- Earning 10 hours of community service each semester
*Graduating seniors are encouraged to meet with Dean Bell to ensure they are on track to graduate with Honors or with Highest Honors. This is a separate declaration from the official SHSU application located on the Registrar’s Office website.
New Student Advising
New students in the Honors College will receive a “Beginning in Honors New Student Packet” and an Honors College official t-shirt at their first advising session. New students are required to schedule an advising appointment by calling the office at 936-294-1477 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Advisor name and location
- Appointment time and date
- Proposed schedule of classes
- Completed Honors College Advising Form
Related Advising Links
- SHSU Registration How-To
- Advanced Registration Schedule
- SHSU Undergraduate Catalog
- SHSU Graduation Application
- Honors College Handbook
- Honors College Online Forms