As a member of the Honors College, students receive the special benefit of advanced registration privileges. This privilege of registering early before other students is contingent upon:
- Completing the Honors College Advising Form
- Meeting with an Honors Advisor
- Earning 10 hours of community service each semester. Honors students are encouraged to meet with an advisor as early as possible to help keep on track of their honors requirements.
Although personalized academic advising sessions are available to students throughout the academic year, the Honors College recommends attending an open advising session every semester to aid students in monitoring their academic progress and appropriately planning their semesters. Also, students may arrange meetings with advisors during the priority registration period, schedule individual appointments during the semester, or simply walk in for spontaneous appointments during designated advising times
NEW STUDENT ADVISING
New students in the Honors College will receive a “Beginning in Honors New Student Packet” and Honors College official t-shirt at their first advising session. New students are required to schedule an advising appointment by:
- Calling us at 936-294-1477
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for Fall admittance are due by May 31
Applications for Spring admittance are due by November 30
Things to remember when you attend advising session:
- Advisor name and office location
- Appointment time and date
- Proposed schedule of classes
- Completed Honors College Advising Form
*If a graduating senior, submit application for graduation with both the Honors College and SHSU.
For more information: Advising Information.