- ALVIN AND ANGELINE JASIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND: $1,500 per year. Recipients must be a full-time undergraduate student in good standing, majoring in Pre-Nursing until Sam Houston State establishes a Nursing Program, at which time the major will be Nursing. GPA of 3.00 is required.
- RYLIE ELISE RINGER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP: $1,000 per year. Recipient must be a full-time junior or senior student (at the time they receive the funding) in good standing, majoring in nursing; be admitted into the Nursing Program; demonstrate financial need. GPA of 2.50/3.00 is required. Application deadline is 09/30/11.
- MARY ELLEN RAGSDALE NURSING SCHOLARSHIP ENDOWMENT: $5,000 per year. Recipient must be a junior or senior student in good standing; majoring in nursing and have been accepted to the nursing program; be a graduate of Humble High School. If there are no qualified applicants from Humble High School, preference will be given to graduates from any high school in the Humble Independent School District. If there are no qualified applicants from the Humble Independent School District, then the scholarship award will be open to any qualified student. Financial need will be a consideration but not a determining factor. GPA of 3.00 is required. Application deadline is Feb. 1st.
- ST. LUKE'S THE WOODLANDS HOSPITAL NURSING SCHOLARSHIP: $2,000 per year. Recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student in good standing; must have been accepted into the Bachelor of Nursing Program. Preference will be given to current employees of St. Luke's The Woodlands Hospital, St. Luke's The Woodlands Hospital employee's spouse, legal dependent, child or grandchild. GPA of 3.20 is required. Application deadline is Spring.
- STEWART-JONES NURSING SCHOLARSHIP: $1,000 minimum, to a full-time junior or senior student in good standing; majoring in Nursing. Must have and maintain an overall GPA of 3.00.
For additional information contact the Department of Nursing at (936)294-2371.