PURPOSE: Provide a $2,000 scholarship to students demonstrating academic excellence and leadership potential in health IT and related fields.
AMOUNT: Up to three awards for $2,000 each.
- Be a Full-time or Part Time Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Student attending an Accredited Institution in the South Central Texas area.
- Be a student member of HIMSS* and HIMSS-SCT
- Be able to provide a brief presentation at the upcoming July 2014 HIMSS-SCT monthly meeting
- Have not received HIMSS-SCT scholarship in prior year
- One page personal statement
- Official Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
DEADLINE: 5 PM (CST) June 16, 2014
Submit applications by email to: Muhammad Walji: Muhammad.F.Walji@uth.tmc.edu.
SELECTION PROCESS: HIMSS-SCT Board Members will review applicants based on the following criteria:
School Related/Academic Activities
Extracurricular & Community Service Activities
Professional Society Involvement (excluding HIMSS)
Presentations & Publications
Years of Participation
Extent of Participation