Sam Houston State University - Huntsville, TX - US
April 7-8, 2017
Paper Submission: Open
Conference Participation: Open
Please register to participate in the conference
The Department of General Business and Finance at Sam Houston State University is organizing its Seventh Annual General Business Conference in Huntsville, Texas. Huntsville is located on I-45 just north of Houston. This day and half conference is a platform to share research findings and initiatives to enhance research and teaching in the areas of business, economics, education, and other interdisciplinary subjects.
The organizers hope to provide an avenue for intellectual discourse among conference participants to promote discussions and share knowledge, experiences and expertise in these areas.
Topic Areas and Tracks Chairs
Accounting – Dr. Liz Mulig, University of Dallas
Assessment and Assurance of Learning – Dr. Leslie Toombs, Texas A&M Commerce
Business Law/Ethics – Dr. Brian Elzweig, University of West Florida
Business Communication – Dr. Carol S. Wright, Stephen F. Austin State University
Cases, Workshops, Special Sessions – Dr. Laura Sullivan, Sam Houston University
Economics and Quantitative methods – Dr. Tamer Rady, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Finance and Investments – Dr. M. Selvam, Bharathidasan University, India
Information Systems/Technology/E-Business – Dr. Raymond Teske Jr., University of Texas at San Antonio
International/Global Business – Dr. Ravi Siva Prasad, Thompson Rivers University, Canada
Management, Marketing and HRM – Dr. Marilyn Young, University of Texas at Tyler
Online Education/DL and other Education Issues – Dr. Traci Austin, Sam Houston State University
Organizational Leadership/Educational Leadership – Geetha Subramaniam, University Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
Papers or abstracts are invited in, but not limited to, the track areas listed below. All papers will be blind-refereed electronically, and accepted papers will be published in the conference Proceedings. Abstracts should be of sufficient detail to indicate clearly the objectives of the research. Submission of a paper implies that an author will register for the conference, attend the conference, and personally present the paper, if accepted.
Organize a Panel
Besides submitting a paper for a regular session, you can organize a panel on a topic of interest to you. Sessions include a panel chair and three or more presenters. The organizer of the session would need to contact the other participants of the session and submit the proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval and scheduling. If you have any questions, please email the conference chair at email@example.com.
Paper reviewers, discussants, and session chairpersons are needed for this conference. Please contact the conference chair or program chair to indicate your interest.
Pay Journal FeeSelective papers are eligible for publication in special issue journals published by the Allied Academies. Each author(s) of papers selected for journal publication must pay a fee of $75.00 in order to have their paper published. This nominal fee is to cover the publication fees of Allied Academies. Only completed papers that are submitted by the due date will be considered for journal publication. Authors will be notified at the conference of their selection for journal publication. The paper will be published by end of Fall 2017. If you do not wish your paper to be considered for publication, please inform us so that we do not send it for publication review.
Electronic Conference Proceedings
Submitted papers go through a double-blind, peer-reviewed process. In the submission document, authors should indicate if they wish to publish either an abstract or their full article in the Electronic Conference Proceedings. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by email. Publishing in the Proceedings does not exclude publication of the paper in any subsequent venue. Authors must submit their final abstracts or papers to the Proceedings Editor by April 1, 2017. Formatting guidelines is posted on the conference web-site.
Students are encouraged to submit papers to the student track. Papers submitted in the student track must be solely of student authorship in order to qualify for student registration fees.
Instructions and Other Information for Contributors
- Please submit your manuscripts, proposals, and other research material to the Conference Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your topic area in the email subject. All presentation materials should include the following on the first page:
- Author(s) - Clearly indicate corresponding author
- Author address and email
- Institution address
- Topic area (listed in the first page)
- All submissions must be received by March 7, 2017. Acceptance/rejection notifications will be provided on a rolling basis so that authors can make plans to attend the conference.
- Papers accepted for Proceedings must be submitted by April 1, 2017.
- Registration: Authors of accepted articles will be required to register and pay the registration fees for their conference participation. The registration fee for each participant is $199 if paid by March 21, 2017, and $250 thereafter. The registration fee for students will be $125 if paid by March 21, and $175 thereafter. Students must send an email from their University/College account to qualify for student registration fees to email@example.com. Second submissions by the same author, if accepted, must be accompanied by a second paper fee of $150. The registration fee includes the Electronic Conference Proceedings, admission to all conference sessions and activities, continental breakfast for two days, and the conference dinner on Friday evening. Please note that registration fees are non-refundable.
- Note: All authors/participants attending the conference must pay the $199 ($250) registration fee. If you are an author/co-author of multiple papers and none of the additional authors are attending the conference, you will be required to pay $150 for each additional paper you will be presenting at the conference. If any of the co-authors are attending the conference, they must also pay the $199 ($250) registration fee.
- Accommodations. The University Hotel is located on the Sam Houston State University campus. A limited number of rooms will be available for conference participants at a special rate of $92.95 plus tax. This rate includes breakfast at the hotel’s cafe. The reservations deadline is April 3, 2017. To reserve a room call: 1 (866) SHSU INN (747-8466); or email Ms. Amy Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are attending the General Business 2017 Conference. Please note that sometimes there are other events on campus during this time, therefore you are strongly urged to book your room early before they run out of rooms.
- Huntsville Area Information. Sam Houston State University is 55 minutes from Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) Airport. Interstate 45 provides direct access from both the Houston and Dallas areas. Car rental at IAH is the most cost-effective means of transportation to Huntsville. Please visit the conference website for additional information.
- Transportation for Conference Participants. On a limited basis, we can also arrange an individualized travel option for fee of $100 per person. Please note that this service is only provided for transportation from George Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston (IAH) to Huntsville for arrivals on Thursday (April 14, 2017) and for departures on Saturday (April 16, 2017). Contact conference chair, Laura Sullivan by April 1, 2017; at email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding this service.
- Houston Airport (IAH). Many international airlines serve IAH including Aero Mexico, Air Canada, Air China, Air France, British Airways, Emirates, EVA airways, KLM, Korean airlines, Lufthansa, Qatar airways, Singapore Airlines, Taca, and Turkish Airlines, as well as most U.S. carriers.
- Refunds: Once payment has been received, no refunds will be given. NO EXCEPTIONS.