The Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling prepares culturally responsive educational leaders and professional counselors who promote meaningful societal change.
- We believe that faculty members lead by example.
- We believe that faculty members should develop and promote best practices in teaching, research, and service.
- We believe that the quality and competiveness of the department’s programs are a primary responsibility of all faculty members.
- We believe that faculty members should display culturally responsive and respectful behavior.
- We believe in preparing educational leaders and counselors to be consumers and producers of research in order to function effectively in a dynamic and ever-changing world.
- We believe in collaboration among disciplines and between our department and the communities we serve.
- We believe excellent teaching is guided by quality scholarship.
- We believe the integrity and efficacy of faculty are developed and enhanced through academic freedom and shared governance.
- We believe that high quality programs are achieved through faculty expectations that instill academic rigor, specific measurable outcomes, student accountability, and deliberate evaluation and feedback.