Carefully consider all aspects of student teaching before you make a decision:
- geographic location in relation to a campus or district
- your economic situation
- transportation issue
- personal circumstances that exist for you, and
- Choices that will benefit you personally as well as professionally
Choose four school districts where you are willing and able to student teach from the list below.
- All four districts that you choose are equally considered and equally likely to be your placement. After all applications are submitted, they are forwarded to the school districts. (There are typically a large amount of requests for Huntsville, Bryan, and College Station than there are placements available.) Student teachers may not request changes to their placements after submitting their applications.
School Districts Make All Placement Assignments
- The Educator Preparation Services office does not place student teachers.
- Students may check the progress of their placement at the Student Teaching Assignment tab in Samweb after the job fair in the middle of the semester (see the Student Teaching Calendar).
- Students can initially access information about which school district they will be placed in, but may not know other details until the beginning of the semester.
The following is a list of all school districts that are currently members of the Sam Houston Innovative Partnerships with Schools (SHIPS). Each district name is a link so that you can gather information about the district.
The Sam Houston Innovative Partnership for Schools (SHIPS) is a partnership compromised of the educator preparation program at SHSU and the independent school district partners in the region of Texas that is served by the University. Our partnerships was established in order to create a mutually beneficial partnership between us that adds value to all of our establishments as well as our future teachers. The SHSU College of Education is proud to have 50 area districts in SHIPS. We meet once each Fall and Spring semester immediately after the job fair in order to share information, make future plans, and consider issues that could have implications for SHIPS. For more information contact the Steele Center for Professional Practice in the Garrett Teacher Education Center.
Barbers Hill ISD
Clear Creek ISD
Coldspring- Oakhurst CISD
College Station ISD
Deer Park ISD
East Bernard ISD
Fort Bend ISD
Galena Park ISD
Harmony Public Schools Houston
New Caney ISD
New Waverly ISD