School Districts for Student Teaching
Carefully consider all aspects of student teaching before you make a decision:
- geographic location in relation to a campus or district
- your economic situation
- transportation issue
- personal circumstances that exist for you, and
- Choices that will benefit you personally as well as professionally
Choose four school districts where you are willing and able to student teach from the list below.
- All four districts that you choose are equally considered and equally likely to be your placement. After all applications are submitted, they are forwarded to the school districts. (There are typically a large amount of requests for Huntsville, Bryan, and College Station than there are placements available.) Student teachers may not request changes to their placements after submitting their applications.
School Districts Make All Placement Assignments
- The Educator Preparation Services office does not place student teachers.
- Students may check the progress of their placement at the Student Teaching Assignment tab in Samweb after the job fair in the middle of the semester (see the Student Teaching Calendar).
- Students can initially access information about which school district they will be placed in, but may not know other details until the beginning of the semester.
The following is a list of all school districts that are currently members of the Sam Houston Innovative Partnerships with Schools (SHIPS). Each district name is a link so that you can gather information about the district.
Barbers Hill ISD
Clear Lake ISD
Coldspring- Oakhurst CISD
College Station ISD
Deer Park ISD
Fort Bend ISD
Galena Park ISD
Harmony Public Schools Houston
New Caney ISD
New Waverly ISD