Students who have not applied to the Educator Preparation Program will not be allowed to register for their field experience, which is a course requirement. Students who have not applied to Educator Preparation Program, click here to do so(*Link to Steps to Apply). If you have previously applied to Ed Prep, please proceed to register for Level I Field Experience.
How to Register:
- Click here to begin registration
- Click on the button for the course you wish to schedule observation hours for and click submit
- The screen that appears will show your Current Field Experience Schedule (it will initially be blank). Below that will be a pull down menu of partnership campuses. To Add (or Remove) hours from your current field experience schedule, click on the campus where you want to have field experience.
- The top of the screen will also list your current schedule of observation locations and times. Below your schedule will be boxes representing the available time slots for field experience at that campus. If no box is present, that specific time and/or date is not available and cannot be selected.
- To add, remove, or edit field experience times, click on the desired box. A check in the box indicates you have added those hours. Clicking on the box again removes the check, and removes that particular hour from your schedule. You must click submit to save these changes.
- After the desired times are selected for this school, click on the "ADD HOURS" button. The current observation schedule, with any changes made, will be displayed. Repeat the above steps until you have registered for the desired number of field experience hours.
- Once completed, click on the Printable Observation Hours Report.
- Print multiple copies as these will be your only copies. Check the campus website or contact the campus directly for additional requirements.
Schools have requirements for university students visiting their classrooms, such as "Sign in at the front office upon arrival," "Dress professionally," "Wear a Name Tag," etc. These requirements are listed above the schedule of observation locations and times. All education students must meet these requirements while conducting his/her field experience hours.
Unable to Observe? - If you are unable to fulfill your field experience, you are to inform the school office and attempt to reschedule with them. The phone number of the each school office is provided on the registration screen. If necessary, contact Educator preparation Services Level 1 Field Experience Coordinator.
Field Experience Profile - Students will complete one field experience profile for each setting in which they observe.
- Log onto Tk20 using your SHSU log-in.
- Select the "Artifacts" tab.
- Click "Create" on the left-side menu.
- Select "Field Experience Profile" in the drop down menu.
- Answer all the questions displayed.
- When you are finished, click "Save".
- Field Experience Profile Demonstration video
Should you require assistance, email Level 1 Field Experience Coordinator or call/leave a message at (936) 294-1157. You may also contact the Educator Preparation Services at (936) 294-3384.