Admission Criteria: Do You Want to be a Teacher?(click here)
Educator Preparation Program provides assistance to teacher candidates with the application process to the education preparation program and can assist with questions regarding a candidate's status in the program through the conclusion of the program.
For ALL Undergraduate Programs the following applies (Effective Fall 2014) :
- GPA ≥ 2.75, Overall (includes transfer and SHSU courses)
- GPA ≥ 2.75 in in program area / teaching field / certification courses
- Grade of “A”, “B” or “C” in all major coursework required for teaching field and certification (SHSU or Transfer)
- Basic Skills Assessment (See Criteria below)
- Criminal history must be checked and passed
Steps to Apply
All students seeking a teaching certificate will need to apply for the Educator Preparation Program through SamWeb and Tk20. Certain requirements must be met before a student can be considered regularly admitted to the program.
Step 1: Complete Basic Skills Assessment. (See criteria here)
Step 2: Candidates pay ($100) for admission to the Educator Preparation Program online via SamWeb.
Step 3: Activate a TK20 account ($100 service activation fee, plus tax and handling fees).
Step 4: Once activated, create an application to the Educator Preparation Program in TK20.
Call or email the Educator Preparation Services desk for assistance.