The Distinguished Educator of the Year award recognizes and honors alumni educators who have made a significant contribution to the field of education. Nominees must be an alumnus of SHSU's College of Education, and have demonstrated expertise or outstanding service in the classroom, school, district, and/or community. Nominees may be current employed or retired, and self-nominations are welcome.
One honoree will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Distinguished Elementary Teacher
- Distinguished Secondary Teacher
- Distinguished Support Professional
- Distinguished Administrator / Supervisor
- Friend of Education
* The purpose of the Friend of Education award is to recognize and honor individuals or businesses that have made a significant contribution to the field of education. (Does NOT have to be an alumnus of SHSU)