The Department of Economics and International Business teaches students to be creative thinkers and problem solvers who are comfortable in diverse business settings and prepares them for careers in non-profits to international corporations. Students who major in Economics or International Business can take the principles, approaches, and conclusions they learned at Sam Houston State University and apply them not only in the business world, in developing sound policies in business and government, but in making personal life decisions as well.
As a Economics or International Business major, you will:
- Develop critical thinking skills and enhance decision making abilities;
- Learn to work effectively in teams and hone communication and financial skills;
- Learn from professors who’ve lived and worked internationally;
- Learn the importance of international trade in the world economy;
- Receive a versatile degree with numerous career opportunities.