- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on all college work attempted.
- GPA of 2.5 in both major and minor for Secondary Education students; GPA of 2.5 in Specialization for Elementary Education Students;
GPA of 2.5 in all SED/EED course work.
- Completion of 54 semester hours with at least 15 semester hours. in residence at SHSU.
- Scores on Texas Academic Skills Program (TASP) examination which meet minimum requirements established by the State Board of Education (SBOE).
Submit the following to the Chair of the Teacher Education Admissions Board (Teacher Education Center, Room 213):
- Application for Admission.
- Transcript which includes all college work attempted.
- Copy of degree plan or certificate plan.
- Scores on Texas Academic Skills Program (TASP) examination.
NOTICE: A student who has not met the requirements for admission to the Teacher Education program will not be allowed to register for more than six semester hours of professional education (AED, EED, HEE, IE or SED).