- Completion of all course work required for degree and certification, with:
- Overall GPA of 2.5 or better.
- GPA of 2.5 or better in teaching fields.
- No grade below C in professional education courses, with a 2.5 GPA minimum.
- Successful completion of student teaching requirements.
Submit the following to the Certification Officer:
- Completed "Application for Texas Teaching Certificate".
- Required fee in form of money order or cashier's check made payable to the Texas Education Agency.
- Transcript which indicates the degree has been granted and all work required for the certificate has been completed.
Grade point averages for Admission, Retention, and Exit Requirements will be computed on exactly the same basis as designated under "Scholastic Requirements" in this catalogue.
In accordance with Article 6252-13c, Texas Civil Statutes, the Commissioner of Education may suspend or revoke a teaching certificate, or refuse to issue a teaching certificate for a person who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor for a crime directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the teaching profession. All potential certificate applicants with criminal felony or misdemeanor convictions should contact the Certification Officer immediately to seek clarification of their certification status.
In addition to the requirements listed above, an applicant for a certificate must be of good moral character, be a citizen or be in the process of becoming a naturalized citizen of the United States, and believe in and uphold the Constitutions of the United States and the state of Texas.