Enhancing the Future Through Educator Preparation
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction prepares teachers for the elementary, middle, and high schools of Texas through collaborative programs, quality instruction and by valuing and supporting our teacher candidates and colleagues in their pursuit of life-long learning and passionate, high-energy teaching.
Why Choose SHSU's Teacher Preparation Program?
- Nationally accredited (NCATE)
- Designed and managed by recognized educators with more than 250 years of combined experience
- Acquiring technology skills for instructing today's students
- Active involvement in small classes with individual attention
- Field-based with multiple opportunities to interact with public school students and teachers
- Friendly, supportive environment
- Graduates sought by area school districts