Professional Issues in Counseling is an on-line journal supported by the Department of Counselor Education at Sam Houston State University. The journal publishes manuscripts that report, synthesize, review or analyze scholarly inquiry on current professional issues in the field of counseling. The Editors invite counselor educators, supervisors, practitioners, and counseling students to submit manuscripts regarding current professional issues in counseling.
Dr. Jeffery Sullivan, Assistant Professor
Sam Houston State University
Call for Manuscripts / Publication Guidelines
Manuscripts should meet the following requirements:
- All articles should follow The Publication Manual of theAmericanPsychological Association (APA) Sixth Edition format.(Please see p. 62 for levels of heading and pp. 41-59 for sample papers.) If an individual is from a country other than the United States and is unfamiliar with this publication style, the editors will assist the author in formatting the manuscript in APA style if the manuscript is accepted for publication. Because html formatting is slightly different from that of regular paper publishing, the APA style will be followed as closely as possible. Identations, spacing, and foot noting may vary in this journal. All manuscripts, graphics, and graphs should be composed in html format if possible. Tables should be inserted in the text and must be created using the table format in Word or Wordperfect.
- Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, titled, and should be approximately 1200 to 3000 words in length. Pertinent photographs, charts, or graphs should accompany the manuscript.
- Manuscripts submitted should be previously unpublished and not under consideration by another publication.
- Include a brief biography of each author of the paper and an address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format for IBM compatible computers online at our Fast Track page: http://piic.expressacademic.org/
- Manuscript Deadlines: Accepted on a continuing basis