- Community Engagement Opportunity - JustServe
- Reba Bock Fellows Experience 2014-2015
- David Payne Academic Community Engagement Award 2014
- Library Resources for information on Service Learning and Civic Engagement
For a list of previous announcements, click here.
Got a few minutes? Need a project to do as a family? Want to get to know the community better? Here is a fantastic opportunity to do just that!
Check out the JustServe website. This website allows community organizations to post needs that they may have, and then volunteers (like you, maybe) can go in and pick jobs that work for them.
Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Go to www.justserve.org
- Type Huntsville, Texas in the search bar
- Click on a volunteer project that seems to fit you
- Click VOLUNTEER if you still like it
- Click REGISTER WITH US and answer just a few questions to sign up for an account
- You will go back to the volunteer section, click the times that you like, and hit submit
- You are done!
This is just another way to be engaged in your community! Enjoy!
Congratulations to Victor Garcia and his work with the Center for Innovation and Technology at Sam Houston State University.
Congratulations to Dr. Jose Santiago in the College of Health Sciences.
There are now Research Guides for use by faculty interested in information related to Service Learning and Civic Engagement. The guides allow for easy searching for articles and books on these topics. Included in the Books and More tab are two search boxes; one for Reference Universe and the other for the Library’s catalog. The Articles tab allows you to search for a specific journal title to find out if we have access in print or a database. Need to find a journal you can submit your article to? You can search using the Ulrichsweb box to find the titles of journals publishing in your area. You can also locate databases in your area either alphabetically or by subject. You can find these Research Guides by following these steps.
Go to the library’s homepage library.shsu.edu
Click on the Research Guides tab
Click on the box for Search within Research Guides and type in civic engagement or service learning
Click on the guide and take a look.
Have questions about the guides? Contact Linda Meyer, Newton Gresham Library, at 936-294-3551 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Back to Top -