The PGA Golf Management Internship Program provides students with practical learning experiences under the direct supervision of a well-qualified PGA of America golf professional as well as the guidance of the Internship Coordinator, who is also a PGA member.
The program routinely sends SHSU students to Top 100 clubs nationwide to train with the golf industry's best PGA professionals.
“We have already placed our students in 32 of the 50 states in the first six years,” said Rich Ballinger, program director. “Our students have even worked championship events like The Players Championship and the PGA Championship, hosted at TPC Sawgrass and Medinah Country Club, respectively.”
Even after their training is complete, the program’s 100 percent job placement guarantees students will continue sharing the green with golf’s biggest names all throughout their career, Ballinger said.
Students must complete at least 16 months of full-time (40 hours per week) internships.
Before a student is placed as an intern, the site must be reviewed and approved by the Internship Coordinator.
- Private, resort and public golf facilities
- PGA section offices or headquarters
- Golf management companies
Internship Activities Will Focus On:
- Business Planning
- Golf Car Fleet Management
- Teaching the Golf Swing
- Tournament Operations
- Golf Club Fitting
- Customer Relations
- Turfgrass Management
- Merchandising and Inventory Management
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing a Golf Facility
For Current Internship Employers
- Internship #1 - Required Activities
- Internship #2 - Required Activities
- Internship #3 - Required Activities
- Internship #4 - Required Activities
- Level 3 Checkpoint Preparation
- Internship Evaluation Form
Want to host a PGM intern
at your facility?