The Master of Science in Project Management program (PMGT) is targeted toward professionals engaged in managing the project life cycle in organizations and industries, who face challenges of introducing new products and services in rapidly changing environments.
These professionals must draw upon a host of knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as on sophisticated technological tools and techniques, to meet project requirements. The program will enable students to develop these competencies, and prepare them for effective project management, both functionally and strategically, and will address all aspects of the product life cycle from design to delivery and cash collection.
In addition, the program will prepare students for certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the premier certifying organization for the project management discipline.
The PMGT degree requires completion of 36 graduate hours and can be completed online.
Admission Process Requirements
- Complete the online graduate application form.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all previous college work (except SHSU graduates).
- Submit an official GMAT score.
- Submit a current résumé (emailed to email@example.com).
International students must submit all of the above information plus:
- Official TOEFL score of at least 79 (or IELTS score of at least 6.5).
- English translations and evaluation of official transcripts.
Graduate Application Deadlines
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Summer - May 15
Fall - June 25
Spring - November 12
Summer - April 9
- Meet or exceed the following admission formula:
- 200 (Undergraduate GPA) + GMAT Score >1200 *
- Demonstrate a minimum of three (3) years' significant managerial and professional experience**
- Submit an essay about a project management experience and aspirations that clearly communicates why the student is pursuing this degree. (500 words or less, Times New Roman, 12 point font size). Essays should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Requirements (Applicants with Bachelor's Degree from Outside the US)
- Official GMAT score of at least 500.
- TOEFL score of at least 79 or IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- English translation and evaluation of Official transcripts.
- GMAT Waiver Requests:
- Undergraduate GPA* of 3.5 or higher allows for a comprehensive review of academic performance and consideration for a GMAT waiver.
- Seven (7) years significant managerial and professional experience allows for consideration for GMAT waiver.**
- Applicants who have an undergraduate degree granted by an non-U.S. institution will not be considered for a GMAT waiver.
*The Undergraduate GPA is the GPA from courses taken at the degree granting institution. Transfer grades are not used in the computation.
**Normally, the required experience is earned after completion of the undergraduate degree. A committee will assist, if needed, in determining if the applicant's experience meets the "significant managerial and professional experience" threshold.
Standard Degree Plan
|MGMT 5315 Seminar in Operations Management||3 hours|
|MGMT 5318 Quality Control||3 hours|
|MGMT 5320 Management of Innovation and Technology||3 hours|
|MGMT 5323 Tools of Project Management||3 hours|
|MGMT 5325 Project Management||3 hours|
|MGMT 5330 Operations Planning & Control||3 hours|
|MGMT 5338 Project Management Capstone||3 hours|
|MGMT 5345 Seminar in Team Leadership||3 hours|
|MGMT 5350 Leading Organizational Change and Development||3 hours|
|MGMT 5355 Seminar in Human Resource Management||3 hours|
|MGMT 5360 Staffing Organizations||3 hours|
|MGIS 5360 Managing Business Systems Projects||3 hours|
For more information or advisement, contact the COBA Office of Graduate Studies:
Associate Director, Graduate Studies and Distance Learning
Tel: (936) 294-1239
Fax: (936) 294-3612
E -mail: email@example.com
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 2056, Huntsville, TX 77341-2056