Instructor's First Name:
Instructor's Last Name:
4-Digit Course Code #:
5-digit CRN # (if known):
ACE this course as a face-to-face classroom section?Yes No
ACE this course as an online classroom section?Yes No
Course is offered by this instructor (Please fill in the year you will be offering the course and the number of sections within each semester): Fall # of Sections Spring # of Sections Summer 1 # of Sections Summer 2 # of Sections
Please check appropriate response.Note: You may have a combination of "YES" and "NO" responses.
1) For every 1 credit hour, will each student complete at least 3 hours of community engagement? (In other words, for a 3-credit course, will students complete a minimum of 9 hours of service in the community? Yes No Page Number on the syllabus:
2) Is community engagement linked (specific or implied) to one or more course objectives and/or learning outcomes? If yes, please highlight in the syllabus. Yes No Page Number on the syllabus:
3) Are students required to turn in a written reflection (project, report, journal, etc.) about the community engagement experience? Yes No Page Number on the syllabus:
4) Is the community engagement experience a part of the student's overall grade? Yes No Page Number on the syllabus:
5) Does the syllabus include a statement briefly explaining the meaning of an ACE course? Community Engagement: In this course, you will not only learn knowledge and skills, but also actively use them to make a difference in our community to improve the quality of life. This experience, it is hoped, will help you see yourself as a positive force in this world and deepen your understanding of your role as a citizen.
Academic Community Engagement: In this course, students will not only become familar with the concepts (or theories, skills, content) in (course name), but will use this knowledge to make a difference within a community. This ACE experience, it is hoped, will help students see themselves as positive forces in this world and able to improve the quality of life.Yes No
6) Who identifies the community partners? Self Student
7) Will you solicit written feedback from your community partner(s)? Yes No
Your idea to ACE this course must be approved by your Chair. Do you have your Chair's approval? Yes No
Department Chair's Name:
Please attach tentative syllabus of this course which is highlighted as per above. (There is no need for inclusion of class schedule, reading list, university policies, etc.).
Other comments or further questions:
Privacy & Security Policy
Sam Houston State University | Huntsville, Texas 77341 | (936) 294-1111 | (866)BEARKAT
© Copyright Sam Houston State University | All rights reserved. | Contact Web Editor