What to Expect:
- Reconnect with old friends & faculty
- Interact with noted SHSU experts
- Enjoy a luncheon in the historic Peabody Library
- Participate in a unique dedication ceremony that will "grow" this new tradition
Session highlights include:
- Building Bridges Between Town and Gown
- How SHSU is Preparing Students for the Workforce
- The Role of Arts and Media in Texas
- How SHSU Is Serving the Needs of the State
A Symbol of our Founding
Throughout history, the tree has stood as a metaphor for knowledge, life, growth and community.
The roots provide a solid base that anchors, connects and nourishes. The trunk represents strength and wisdom while the canopy is symbolic of cultural heritage and the cycle of life.
Wood is commonly used to symbolize a strong, long-lasting relationship and the planting of a tree is usually done to honor an accomplishment, milestone or a person's life.